KEVIN FERGUSON / STRAD TO STRAT II:
VIVALDI VIOLIN CONCERTI ON ELECTRIC GUITAR
This the 7th album release, 13 years after the first CD "Strad To Strat" by guitarist, Kevin Ferguson, which has been the number one top seller in 2
categories (classical and neo-classical metal) at Guitar Nine Records. (See below for
audio samples (now includes MP3),
ordering & download information,
latest CD releases (Click here for the newest CD),
how to get on the
sheet music transcriptions).
NEW AUDIO SAMPLES BELOW:
Last updated September 24, 2009
- 1 Concerto in G minor I Allegro, Op. 3, No. 2, RV 578
- 2 Concerto in B minor I Allegro, Op. 3, No. 10, RV 580
- 3 Concerto in B minor II Largo, Op. 3, No. 10, RV 580
- 4 Concerto in E Major III Allegro, Op. 3, No. 12, RV 265
- 5 Concerto in D minor I Allegro, Op. 4, No. 8, RV 249
- 6 Concerto in D minor II Allegro, Op. 4, No. 8, RV 249
- 7 Concerto in A minor I Allegro, Op. 3, No. 8, RV 522
- 8 Concerto in A minor II Larghetto, Op. 3, No. 8, RV 522
- 9 Concerto in A minor III Allegro, Op. 3, No. 8, RV 522
- 10 Concerto in D minor I Allegro, Op. 3, No. 11, RV 565
- 11 Concerto in D minor II Adagio & Allegro, Op. 3, No. 11, RV 565
- 12 Concerto in D minor III Largo, Op. 3, No. 11, RV 565
- 13 Concerto in D minor IV Allegro, Op. 3, No. 11, RV 565
- 14 Concerto in A minor I Allegro, Op. 4, No. 4, RV 357
- 15 Concerto in C minor I Allegro, Op. 4, No. 10, RV 196
- 16 Concerto in C minor II Largo, Op. 4, No. 10, RV 196
- 17 Concerto in A minor III Presto, Op. 3, No. 6, RV 356
STRAD TO STRAT II Vivaldi includes the above works, arranged for electric
guitars, string orchestra and misc. keyboard (harpsichord, organ, etc.). Concerti were mostly selected from either Vivaldi's "Harmonic Inspiration" or "La Stravaganza" violin concerti for solo or multiple violins.
- Available any day now at iTunes...
- "today’s youth could learn a few things from listening to the classical masters as well as artists like Kevin Ferguson who take their inspiration directly from the original sources.
The bottom-line: Ferguson’s renditions of Vivaldi’s works are top-notch performances worthy of being heard by today’s adventurous rockers and metalheads.
" -- Christopher J. Kelter, Rough Edge
- "Although Vivaldi is best known for his most famous work from 1723, The Four Seasons, his many fine concerto works get a spirited work out 3 centuries later by Ferguson’s stirring approach to classical music and metal guitar. Ferguson’s multi-tracked electric guitars and harpsichord / orchestral touches put a new and interesting spin on the time honored classical sound of Vivaldi." -- www.mwe3.com
CD BABY! (http://www.cdbaby.com/kevinferguson7).
- Call Timbuktunes (Portland, Oregon, USA): 1-503-239-0179
4726 SE Hawthorne Boulevard • Portland, Oregon USA 97215 •
To get on the email mailing list for performances and recording
releases, email email@example.com
Click Here for
performance dates of steel string guitar arrangements of music from around the world.
Ferguson's "Balkan And Beyond"
plays traditional, modern and unique takes of Balkan, Mid-Eastern, Indian and other tunes.
Sheet Music Transcriptions For Electric Guitar
for sheet music transcriptions.
Back to Kevin Ferguson's Home Page
Contrary to popular belief, Paganini was not a real gambler.
OTHER SLIGHTLY RELATED URL's
Kevin Ferguson's Home Page
Violin music (Bach, Paganini, more) on electric guitar: STRAD TO
STRAT, Kevin's first CD.
- AN INTERVIEW WITH KEVIN FERGUSON
- CD 8 (released in Nov, 2008):
Musical rendering of mega-self-similarity.
DeBone Music's Catalog including other CD's by Kevin Ferguson.
An original fusion of energetic and adventurous rock, world, classical and other genres on electric and acoustic guitars:
RESTLESS RECKLESS AND WILD, Kevin's forth CD.
Progressive world, classical, neoclassical and other original tunes on electric and acoustic guitars:
SUBTLE HINT, Kevin's third CD.
- Ferguson's second
CD: EXOTIC EXTREMES electric guitar versions of gypsy, Balkan, Mid-Eastern and other tunes (audio samples).
- CD 5: Piano Concerto, Symphony & Sonata(April 22, 2008) All original classical genre compositions.
- CD 6: Balkan & Beyond/Live At Costello's(April 28, 2008) Balkan, Near and Middle Eastern dance music on acoustic guitar and percussion.
- How To Learn To Play Music Of Unusual Genres , Ferguson's column for Guitar Nine.
- Ferguson's Ensemble: Balkan & Beyond plays traditional and modern versions of Balkan, Mid-Eastern, Indian and other tunes.
Contribution to a Deep Purple Tribute: Woman from Tokoyo + Saint
Saens' Samson and Delilah/Bacconale = Woman from Gaza
Approach To Learning And Teaching Guitar
- Kevin's Interview with
"Guitar Nine" interviewed Kevin (Feb. '97 Issue).
Equipment Kevin Uses
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Heavy Guitar Tabs
" - Only hosting high quality tabs for heavy bands"
World Music with many links and audio samples.
- The MIT List of Radio Stations on the Internet
- TECHNICAL METAL PAGE (From Mel's Favorite Type of Music)
- The Metal Corner
- List of Guitar Societies in U.S.
- The Classical Guitar Home Page
- The Flamenco Guitar Home Page
- The Portland Guitar Society
- NW Music (Music of Oregon, Washington, Idaho)
- Guitar playing (Lots of Tab, misc.)
- Folk (sheet) music of The World: Richard's Tunebook listed by Country & Type.